- This event has passed.
WOMEN’S SKILLS & DRILLS HANDGUN SERIES January 2018-December 2018
February 20, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 6:00pm on day Third of the month, repeating until December 18, 2018
This is a 12 session course that occurs on the third Tuesday of each month beginning in January 2018 from 6:00 – 7:30 pm. Designed to build confidence and increase skill levels for women, when utilizing their own firearm. This program provides women with an increased knowledge of shooting essentials and defensive shooting skills. At the end of this series, students will have a solid understanding of the safe and efficient use of their firearm in a wide range of applications. Registration fee includes the entire 12-session series.
A number of topics will be covered in Women’s Handgun Skills & Drills
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Month 1 – January 16th: Safe handling of your firearm, safe storage of your firearm and ammunition, operation of a semi-automatic pistol. Shooting fundamentals.
- Month 2 – February 20th: Finding your balance of speed and precision. Fundamentals of marksmanship.
- Month 3 – March 20th: Fundamentals of holster draw **Mandatory attendance**
- Month 4 – April 17th: Clearing basic malfunctions
- Month 5 – May 15th: Handgun reloads
- Month 6 – June 19th: Basic movement
- Month 7 – July 17th: Low-light strategies
- Month 8 – August 21st: Multiple target engagement
- Month 9 – September 18th: Introduction to AR-15
- Month 10 – October 16th: Alternate shooting positions
- Month 11 – November 20th: Scenario based training
- Month 12 – December 18th: Decision making drills – A3 Guncade
Required equipment needed is:
- A semi-automatic handgun & holster is required by week 3. Rentals may be used for week 1 & 2 only. *
- Ear and eye protection
- A strong side rigid holster or appendix holster only. Holster must be molded for your particular firearm, where you can draw and holster with one hand.
- 100 rounds of ammunition each week
- Two extra functional magazines with mag holders.
- Comfortable but supportive shoes. No sandals or flip-flops.
- Long pants and a high collared shirt
- Sturdy belt that supports weight of gun
- Baseball style cap
- Basic firearms knowledge and weapon handling experience
- Ann Arbor Arms Ladies Night or comparable introductory course
*Rental Pistols will be provided during the first 2 classes, but everyone must own a firearm and a rigid holster by week 3 when we start drawing from holsters
**Ammunition, additional magazines, holsters, ear & eye protection is available for purchase before class.
REGISTRATION POLICIES & TERMS
Transfer: Class registration can be transferred to another date/event given 72 hours notice of event start date.
Cancelation: 25% of class/event fee non-refundable deposit.
Refunds: Refunds for balance of event fee, if no transfer is possible, are issued in the form of store gift cards only.
No-Show: Participants who do not show to the event without prior 72 hour notice forfeit their total registration fees.